- How to Determine the Proper Universal Boat Cover Size
How to Determine the Proper Universal Boat Cover Size
In addition to covers designed specifically for boats such as pontoon boats, molded pond boats, and jon boats, DiscountRamps.com also offers universal boat covers designed to fit the following types of boats:
- V-Hull Ski Boats
- Fishing Boats
- Tri-Hull Runabouts (inboard and outboard)
- Aluminum Bass Boats
- Fish & Ski Boats
- Pro-Style Bass Boats
Our universal boat covers are designed to fit the types of boats listed above based on the overall boat length and beam width. To determine which of our boat covers will work for your boat, simply measure the length and width of your boat and compare the measurements with the listed boat cover specifications.
To Determine Length Measure from the transom to the bow; this is the very rear of the boat to the front tip of the boat.
To Determine Width: Measure the beam of your boat. The beam is the width of your boat at its widest part, typically found in the middle.
It is possible, but rare, that the boat cover will not fit when the measurements indicate otherwise. This can be due to unusually high windshields, railings, or add-on components such as trolling motors or anchor mounts.
Maintaining Your Boat Cover
Here are some tips to making sure your boat cover lasts for years of reliable service:
- If your windshield has metal channel edging, please make sure there are no sharp edges, as sharp edges may cut the boat cover, especially in strong winds or while trailering your boat with the cover on.
- You can extend the life of your boat cover by limiting using it during transportation to only when unfavorable weather is an immediate threat. Please ensure that all straps are snug and that the cover is secure prior to departing. Additional straps may be used to further secure the boat cover from flapping in the wind.
- Prevent water from pooling on the boat cover with boat cover pooling poles. Keeping water from pooling on the cover will allow it to dry quickly and avoid debris build-up, extending the life of the boat cover.
If you have any more questions about boat covers, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Click here to return to the Knowledge Base