EntryLevel™ Landings provide a maneuverable level surface along with sloped access at door thresholds, making them more accessible and ADA compliant. These landings are easy to install, are a fraction of the cost of concrete demolition and construction, and are environmentally friendly.
EntryLevel™ Landings offer an efficient, simple, and environmentally friendly solution to making your building entrance ADA compliant. One of the largest building code violations today is the lack of a maneuverable level clearance area at door entrances. Primary door thresholds at public facilities with a change in level greater than 1/2" require a smooth transition to a maneuverable level surface that allows for proper door closure operation. (See more info on ADA guidelines.) Unlike a ramp, a level landing provides a safe, flat area where wheelchair users can remain stable and more easily open a door.
EntryLevel™ Landings are designed to assure access code compliance and are prefabricated for quick and easy installation. Forget the hassle of expensive and messy concrete! These threshold ramp landings are a fraction of the cost of concrete demolition and construction, do not require noisy jackhammers and concrete saws, and can be installed in less than 90 minutes. They are also made from 100% post-consumer recycled tires, making them a green product that qualifies for LEED credits. SafePath™ EntryLevel™ Landings are perfect for school modernization projects. They greatly reduce soft costs of school construction projects such as reducing heavy machinery and the displacement of teachers and students during construction. Installation of EntryLevel™ Landings can take place in less time than a class session without the waste and noise of concrete construction. The landings also provide both visual and tactile cues that there is a sloped transition and entryway and have a slip-resistant surface.
EntryLevel™ Landings are available in a variety of sizes to accommodate most thresholds. They are available with one, two, or three side approach ramps and have the option of a standard black rubber surface or a StoneCap™ coating. StoneCap™ technology utilizes ceramic fired quartz to create a slip-resistant, colorfast, and attractive surface. Five standard colors are available for EntryLevel™ Landings with the coating applied to the top landing surface.
Warning and Usage Guidelines
Selecting the Correct Landing:
- Determine the path-of-travel approach sides that are required for code compliance. Most instances will require a three-sided ramp approach, however, in some cases only a one-sided or two-sided approach will be needed.
- Determine the height of the existing vertical barrier. EntryLevel™ Landings are available from 1/2" to 2" heights in 1/4" increments.
- Determine the maneuvering clearance landing surface dimension. Federal, state, local, building, and access code laws determine what is acceptable. Typically a 60" x 60" landing will satisfy most code requirements. For commercial double door entrances with center openings, a 60" x 72" landing will generally be acceptable. It is always recommended to check with your architect or local code enforcement official to verify the correct required dimensions. See more info on ADA Guidelines.
- Choose your surface finish. EntryLevel™ Landings are available with a standard black rubber surface or with a StoneCap™ coating. There are five standard StoneCap™ coatings to choose from which include a coated top landing area with black rubber approach ramps.
- Make sure you have the appropriate amount of adhesive to secure your landing system.
Approximate number of Sikaflex® Adhesive (10.1 fluid oz.) tubes needed to secure EntryLevel™ Landings:
- 48" x 48" - 9 tubes
- 48" x 60" - 11 tubes
- 60" x 60" - 13 tubes
- 60" x 72" - 15 tubes
- Provides a maneuverable level surface and sloped access at thresholds
- Made from 100% post-consumer recycled passenger and truck tires
- Pre-fabricated and dry fit for quick and easy installation
- Installation has no mess, no noise, and no concrete demolition
- No down time needed for concrete curing
- A fraction of the cost of concrete demolition and construction
- Available with ramped access from a single side to three sides
- Available in numerous heights and dimensions to fit most door entrances
- Slip-resistant surface meets OSHA requirements and ADA guidelines
- Perfect for school modernization projects
- Provides visual and tactile cues of slope transition
- Accepted by the American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- No load weight limitations
- Qualifies for LEED Credits
- Adhesive sold separately
- StoneCap™ Coating available with a variety of colors to choose from
- May be cut with a straight blade to accommodate trim or other obstructions
- 1 year warranty
- Most landings ship out freight - Please call for shipping estimate
- Manufactured in the USA
ADA Building Codes for Modular Wheelchair Ramps
ADA Specifications for Wheelchair Threshold Ramps and Landings
How To: Determine Proper Wheelchair Ramp Length
How To: Choose Between Full-Width Wheelchair Ramps and Track Ramps