Skateboard Ramp Safety and Warnings
It is critical for both children and adults to review these skateboard and BMX rampsafety warnings to ensure a safe and enjoyable riding experience.
- Always wear protective safety gear, including knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, and a CPSC-certified helmet. Adult supervision is recommended to fit the safety equipment in place.
- Before using any of the skateboard ramps, make sure the intended area is a flat, level surface free from any potential hazards such as stones, gravel, twigs, or anything else that may interfere with the skateboard or bicycle wheel system. Keep the ramps positioned away from any larger obstacles such as railings, steep gradients, swimming pools, or walls.
- Ensure that the ramps are secured in place by using asphalt or concrete anchors. If you’re using another securing method to keep the ramps in place such as plywood or sandbags, double-check that the securing material does not interfere with the ramp launch area or the potential landing area. Inspect the condition of any fastening devices regularly making sure the ramps stay firmly in place at all times during every use. For further information, please view the Skateboard Ramp Securing Methods page.
- For the safety of others, do not use these ramps on sidewalks, the middle of a street, or in any other area that may endanger other people and possibly cause an accident.
- Only attempt tricks and maneuvers you feel comfortable with and are ready for.
- These ramps are designed as launch or take-off ramps only; do not attempt to land or jump onto the ramp from another ramp or surface.
- When skateboarding or bicycling, it is recommended to only use these ramps in dry, highly visible conditions; do not use the ramps in the rain or damp weather, at night, or any other time when visibility is poor.
- Inspect the ramps and center tables periodically for cracking or any other damage that may cause an accident. Do not use the ramp system if any part is damaged, cracked, or fractured, as it may cause injury when used.
- When using these ramp systems, be alert and considerate at all times. Concentrate on the tricks and maneuvers being performed and watch for any possible obstructions during use. Exercise caution and care for your own safety, the safety of others, and the ramp system being used.
- Always closely read and follow the directions included with any new skateboard ramp or piece of equipment before use.
The user acknowledges and accepts all responsibilities of inherent risks and dangers by using the ramp and center table system. To ensure the safe use of this and other systems, always observe the warnings listed above.